Tuesday, March 29, 2011

someone force me to step away from my needles...

i'll be honest. i don't even go by my sewing machine anymore. at times, i glance longingly at it... wondering what it would be like to have fabric that was beautiful and more than one color thread. i dream about the day i'll be a sewing goddess and everyone will come to me and pay me mondo dollars to make them all sorts of lovely items. pillows, blankets, purses, aprons, dresses.... you want it, i can do it.......................................... ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 my dream goes on...


until then, i'm still knitting. i know. kniting the same blanket.

over the weekend the husband and i went to his parents house. they have this super old house filled with super old stuff though they aren't super old. i think the house was built in the 1800's and has been in the family for just as long. and NO ONE has ever learned how to throw anything out. ANYTHING. which is amazing and wonderful until you're sitting next to 5,000 egg crates breathing in dust fumes (yes, fumes) wondering how on earth to get back to the door.

(erik [the huzz] found and restored his old nintendo. ORIGINAL nintendo. trust me, it's not as exciting as it used to be... so now that sits next to my poor sewing machine.. i should name my sewing machine. i'll name her suzy, suzy sewingmachine. poor suzy..)

anyhow, i managed to get some more yarn and keep at my wannabe blanket. it's 128 stitches long and currently a knee length skirt. erik likes to say it's his cape. yes, i know i have the world's most awesome husband.

i really want to be done with it though cause i want to use pretty yarns and make something that's circular. it looks hard but after no challeges in this blanket, i'm ready to shake things up a bit.

so that's me. hopefully, we'll start getting some exciting posts soon. maybe i'll knit a dragon and it'll try to eat me? eh... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment