Monday, March 14, 2011

round two

it's truly a painful experience watching me sew, i'm sure.

at least that's what i hear from my husband. i swear, i have never been quite so mad in my life as i am with my sewing machine. WHY WON'T IT JUST DO WHAT I ASK??

there i sit (yes! sit! i got a table and a chair and everything... impressive i know) in front of this simple machine. one that people can swap out threads and make quilts and mountains and tons of other beautiful things i'm sure... but not me. me i sit there and i scream at it. i yell at it. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? WHY WON'T YOU JUST WORK?? WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT THREAD YOU???

i'm sure the (surround sound) video games in the background do not help. and i'm positive, with my current attitude, the screaming and swearing at the team mates who aren't pulling their weight and the guns that are shooting thumb tacks instead of bulletts and the profanity that someone has actually....killed you.... do not help my cause.

rule number one. emily must have peace and serenity surrounding her when sitting at the sewing machine. PEACE AND SERENITY, I SAY!!

apply ipod. turn on soothing music. attempt to rethread. again. and again.

(am i strong enough to throw this machine across the room? i think so...)

in then end, i calmly RIPPED APART the MOUNTAIN OF THREAD that had compiled under my sewing machine and returned to my gold yarn to knit. which actually in comparison went quite well. I taught myself how to bind off via youtube. (i will attach the vdeo later) and now my husband has two little (2 inch) blankets. because that's how much i love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment